Crises are fast-moving, usually unexpected and can continue to cause damage long after the incident is over. With the recent tragedies striking across the UK from, terrorist attacks, fires to extreme weather, crisis communications is at the forefront of helping keep people safe, as well as, protecting your organisation.
Join your colleagues and peers from across the public sector to discuss the latest in crisis communications strategy, from identifying risks, ensuring the right channels are being used, working with the media and best practice to prepare for the unforeseeable.
How prepared is your organisation for a crisis?
"I have had the pleasure to chair the crisis communications conference a number of times and I am always impressed by the quality of guest speaker and the wide range of professionals in the audience. It really is an important event in the fast-moving world of crisis communications, with new information and case studies every year.’ Paul Richards, Former Special Adviser and author of ‘Be Your Own Spin Doctor’
The 2020 speaker line-up includes:
- Myriam Walburger, Marketing and Communications Director, Govia Thameslink Railway (GTR)
- Paul Richards, Former Special Adviser and author of Be Your Own Spin Doctor
- Mervin Dadd, Chief Communications and Insight Officer, Sussex PCC
- Bridget Aherne Chart.PR, Director, Bridget Aherne Communications
- Claire Cyprien, Head of Communications and Engagement, HMRC
- Alice Oliver, Head of Internal Communications, University of Derby
- Kate Rawlins, Associate Director, Digital Capability, Helpful Digital
- Kate Hartley, co-founder, Polpeo; author, Communicate in a Crisis
- Paul Gallagher, Director, Cheary & Gallagher Ltd
- Anita Boateng, Senior Director, FTI Consulting
Key topics for 2020:
- Being prepared: Is your crisis communications strategy up-to-date?
- Identify and understand your key stakeholders
- Understanding and working with the media
- Short term crisis, long term consequences
- Rebuilding public trust and confidence
- Crisis comms on a shoestring budget
- Successful message management
Heads of Crisis Communications - Heads of Corporate Communications - Heads of Communications - Heads of Correspondence - Heads of Digital - Heads of HR - Heads of Information Governance - Heads of Internal Communications - Heads of News - Heads of Operations - Heads of PR - Heads of Social Media - Heads of Strategy
Dods is a registered Continuing Professional Development provider. This event is equivalent to 4 CPD points. A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.