Crises are fast-moving, usually unexpected and can continue to cause damage long after the incident is over. With the recent tragedies striking across the UK from, terrorist attacks, fires to extreme weather, crisis communications is at the forefront of helping keep people safe, as well as, protecting your organisation.
Join your colleagues and peers from across the public sector to discuss the latest in crisis communications strategy, from identifying risks, ensuring the right channels are being used, working with the media and best practice to prepare for the unforeseeable.
How prepared is your organisation for a crisis?
"I have had the pleasure to chair the crisis communications conference a number of times and I am always impressed by the quality of guest speaker and the wide range of professionals in the audience. It really is an important event in the fast-moving world of crisis communications, with new information and case studies every year.’ Paul Richards, Former Special Adviser and author of ‘Be Your Own Spin Doctor’
- Being prepared: Creating and maintain an up-to-date crisis communications strategy
- Thinking and acting swiftly: How social media monitoring can prevent a larger crisis
- Crisis communications-building public confidence
- Identify and understand your key stakeholders
- Short term crisis, long term consequences
- Understanding and working with journalists
- The future of crisis communications
Speakers confirmed for 2019
- Iain Campbell, Communications Manager, Resilience Division, The Scottish Government
- Rachel Carr, Director of Communications, Department of Health and Social Care
- Jennifer Green, Director of Strategic Communications, Manchester City Council
- Paul Richards, Former Special Adviser and author of Be Your Own Spin Doctor
- Garry Evanson, Head of Security & Emergency Planning, Westminster Abbey
- Nick Price-Thompson, Head of News, Kensington and Chelsea Council
- Julie Maddocks, Director of Public Information, Bedfordshire Police
- James Lindsay, Crisis Manager, Cambridge Analytica 2018
Heads of Crisis Communications - Heads of Corporate Communications - Heads of Communications - Heads of Correspondence - Heads of Digital - Heads of HR - Heads of Information Governance - Heads of Internal Communications - Heads of News - Heads of Operations - Heads of PR - Heads of Social Media - Heads of Strategy
Dods is a registered Continuing Professional Development provider. For more information on the CPD, please click here.